The Jr. Gael Mini program provides an entry-level basketball program for young children 5 to 7 years old by providing a fun, active and healthy learning environment.
- Provide entry-level basketball program for young children 5 to 7 years old
- Build a community of league organizers, parents, coaches committed to minor basketball
- Provide a fun, active and healthy learning environment
- The Mini program runs once a week for approximately 45 minutes.
- Created in alliance with Canadian Sport 4 Life/Long Term Athlete Development initiatives.
- Aligned with Canada Basketball's Developmental Pathway
- Curriculum has been developed by NBA Basketball Operations and a team of experts in child development and physical literacy, and basketball fundamentals
- Games will be modified to be age-appropriate, simple and fun
Our Equipment & Uniform
- The Mini program includes age-appropriate equipment (smaller basketball and lowered adjustable hoops)
and modified games for children of this age-range
- Participants will receive a size-appropriate basketball to keep.
- All players MUST purchase a Jr Gaels reversible jersey but in future years will be able to continue to use it.