As we mentioned earlier, the school board has been in touch with it's community user groups. The KIBC executive had a meeting tonight to discuss the options for our Jr Gaels Development League.
Given the rise in Covid positive cases in the region, the school boards will not be open to community use for individuals who are not able to be double vaccinated ( or present a legitimate medical exemption). As our Dleague is comprised of mostly players between the ages of 5-12, they would not qualify at this time to gain entry into the gyms.
Therefore, the KIBC has decided to officially cancel the current Jr Gaels Development League sessions.
We are sorry and share in the players, coaches and student leaders disappointment that the league could not run at this time.
There may be a possibility of running a modified, shortened season at some point in the New Year, but there are many, many factors involved in that decision, that we do not know the answers to at the moment. Should it become a definite reality that we could run something, we will reach out to the membership to alert you of any changes.
Our administrator will be processing full refunds in the days ahead. The refunds must be processed individually and may take up to a week or so to complete.
We thank you for your patience and understanding.
If you have any further questions, please direct them to:
Kingston Impact Basketball Club