The Kingston Impact Basketball Club is seeking an official photographer to chronicle our upcoming 2023-24 season.
The role of the photographer is to attend Impact events and capture special moments on camera. This could include:
- Follow our competitive team schedule (20-24 teams) and attend 1-2 home games for each team taking action photos of players and team staff.
- Attend some Academy sessions taking candid photos of players and coaches including the final day + banquet (March 2, 2024).
- Attend the Spring League trying to cover every team in the league and chronicle the championship nights (May 13 & 14, 2024). Games will be Mon & Tue nights starting March 25-26, 2024.
- Attend a few hours of summer camp to get photos of campers doing their thing. Number of weeks and specific weeks to be confirmed later.
The Impact will also consider a "media day" for our Academy and competitive teams where teams will get their official photos taken and players or groups can get individual shots taken.
If interested in showcasing the wonderful athletes in our basketball community, we would love to receive your proposal.
The proposal will include:
- An overview of how you would chronicle our season.
- A description of a possible media day for our competitive teams and Academy athletes.
- All costs (if any) for your time, equipment and any other expenses broken down by specific programs:
- Academy candids - Saturday sessions from October 21, 2023 to March 2, 2024 with breaks for holidays.
- Competitive team candids – all games will be Saturday or Sunday from January 2024 – May 2024.
- Spring League candids
- Summer Camps candids
- Media Day official photo shoot
- Examples of your work, preferably live action shots of athletes in gyms.
Costs may be broken down either by:
- Fixed cost
Our goal is to understand the total expected cost by program.
As a not-for-profit organization, funds are limited but we also realize this is a large undertaking. We would be open to creative solutions for offsetting fees.
Please submit your proposal by email to:
The deadline to submit is Friday, September 22 at 4:00 pm.